Verified:

Thunder Game profile

Sep 21st 2010, 18:42:17

I was under the impression that ALL your countries that you were playing got the bonus turns. So far only the ONE that I've voted from gets them. Is this right or should I have an extra 6 turns in each of my countries?
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Marshal Game profile

Sep 21st 2010, 18:57:51

each of your countries unless 1+ has been killed.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Thunder Game profile

Sep 21st 2010, 19:13:52

nope I haven't lost any countries. I play all 16 in FFA, my one in Team and Alliance. When I vote I only get the bonus turns in just the one country I voted from, yet all of my countries news is updated showing that I voted but no extra turns in any other then the one I voted from.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 21st 2010, 19:44:44

the code is written in such a way that if you get the message in your countries, the bonus turns should have already been given.
The turns being given is a pre-requisite for the message being displayed.

The same rules apply like all turns -- they are given to you as usable turns (not stored), but if you have over max turns on hand when you log in or when a tick happens, the overflow will go into your stored turns. If your stored turns are full as well, the turns will be lost.

This is the first I've heard of this... I'll check today with my countries, but I'm very confident that this is coded correctly. If you get a message, you should get the turns.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Sep 21st 2010, 20:50:21

Originally posted by Pang:
the code is written in such a way that if you get the message in your countries, the bonus turns should have already been given.
The turns being given is a pre-requisite for the message being displayed.

The same rules apply like all turns -- they are given to you as usable turns (not stored), but if you have over max turns on hand when you log in or when a tick happens, the overflow will go into your stored turns. If your stored turns are full as well, the turns will be lost.

This is the first I've heard of this... I'll check today with my countries, but I'm very confident that this is coded correctly. If you get a message, you should get the turns.

So you're saying if you have 126 turns and then you get 6 bonus you should get 132 as long as you play before the tick?

That never happens for me.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 21st 2010, 21:27:49

detmer: yes, i've gotten that few times.

Detmer Game profile

Sep 22nd 2010, 3:21:18

Originally posted by Marshal:
detmer: yes, i've gotten that few times.

I have never gotten that even though I have consciously checked.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 22nd 2010, 3:26:50

try logging into 126 with 18 mins left before the tick, then go get your bonuses
Finally did the signature thing.

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 22nd 2010, 3:27:31

The turns also seem to cycle when you log in.

So, if you're logged into a country with 126 and get bonuses, you'll have 132. But, if you then log into a different ccountry that was at 120, it will only go to 126 because the 6 bonus turns from clicking get moved to your stored turns when you log in.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 22nd 2010, 6:07:22

Yeah, is there any reason you have the code switch extra turns to stored on log in? Why not just on the turn change. Otherwise, we can only get the +6 +2+2+2 turns for one country on one server.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 22nd 2010, 15:33:36

Any reason: no, if it does do it then it's simply a natural result of adding the turns.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 22nd 2010, 20:42:54

ya, i agree with everything qz has suggested/stated

Turn math is somewhat complicated, especially with bonuses, so if you think you are having this problem, please include some accurate accounting on your turn level from your countries. I'm unable to replicate any of these problems on my countries, so I'll need more info to find out if there actually is a problem in any of the systems (bonus, turn accounting or other)

thanks!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Thunder Game profile

Sep 23rd 2010, 3:48:26

well that explains it then LOL my other countries were maxed as well every time I logged in...damn this having a job.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 23rd 2010, 4:23:36

Originally posted by qzjul:
Any reason: no, if it does do it then it's simply a natural result of adding the turns.
Either I know more about this game than QZ... or I'm wrong.

I don't know which is worse.

-Fooglmlog
Guy with no clue.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 23rd 2010, 15:51:08

lol... well I haven't looked at where the bonus turns get added... pang added that particular feature :) and until I know where they were added in the formula or before the turns formula get applied, then I can't really say 100% for certain.

We do review each others work eventually, but we're all a little busy, so unless something has to interface with our own work, or needs to be modified, or gets reported as buggy, we don't necessarily review it.... the code base is kindof large heh....

Ovation

Sep 23rd 2010, 16:47:01

Marshal Game profile

Sep 23rd 2010, 17:38:30

Originally posted by Thunder:
well that explains it then LOL my other countries were maxed as well every time I logged in...damn this having a job.

Thunder=n00b

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 24th 2010, 15:29:38

Originally posted by qzjul:
lol... well I haven't looked at where the bonus turns get added... pang added that particular feature :) and until I know where they were added in the formula or before the turns formula get applied, then I can't really say 100% for certain.

We do review each others work eventually, but we're all a little busy, so unless something has to interface with our own work, or needs to be modified, or gets reported as buggy, we don't necessarily review it.... the code base is kindof large heh....

Bonus turns are added outside of the normal turn math, so they don't blow away a players' other bonuses.
It's simply a matter of going through each country you own and adding 2 to the number of turns on hand. There is no simulated login or anything else like that, just turns=turns+2 for each country you own.

It's an incredibly simple system :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 24th 2010, 16:27:12

ah; i wasn't sure if it was added during the turn math based on some flag, or if it was just added like that;

I suppose that does simplify things, especially if you got two bonuses before logging in... makes sense

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 24th 2010, 21:10:18

That's fine and simple, but the issue is that then, once you do log in, it checks the number of turns and anything you have over 120 is stored, and then you get the other bonus turns for not playing for 12/18 hours.

This just means you can only get 132 for one country, assuming you log in after 18 hours and then once logged in, do all of the bonuses before the next turn change. Is that how it is supposed to be? It seems strange that you would have to sacrifice 132 turns for exploring on other servers you play, and choose only one that can get it. Especially when most servers have similar restart dates, and you might be playing mass explore strats on several of them.