Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 4:15:56

Actual attack from alliance server:
A brigade from xxxx(#xxxx) has invaded your lands!
Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away!

Your military lost:
35,372 Turrets
1965 Tanks
Your defence allies lost:
Nothing!
Their military lost:
25,777 Jets

In what way does it make sense for me to lose more military even though I won. This seems a bit unfair. If the attacker bounces don't you think they should lose more than they would lose normally, and that the defender should lose less than they would normally. Both times when I say normally I mean %-wise.... This changes war(lemming) more than netting obviously, so hopefully those guys(warmongers) especially could comment on this.

dantzig Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 14:25:05

Are you accounting for gov't bonuses, tech, and offensive/defensive allies?
FoG

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 15:24:12

no?

DarkReturns Game profile

Aug 31st 2010, 0:34:28

There are several factors that determine troop lost. like dantzig said, you need to factor those in.

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 31st 2010, 1:38:38

i actually don't know the formula for troop loss, but I would assume (perhaps incorrectly) it is simply some % of military sent (perhaps with some randomness factor) and also factor in medical tech and some DR function as well if defending.

What I'm saying is that in no situation (so i get to ignore all of those things you guys are talking about) where the attacker loses should he lose LESS military than the defender. And it shouldn't even be close. I would like to stress the "in no situation."