Verified:

highrock Game profile

Dec 17th 2010, 1:35:43

i feel like there should be a bonus that is associated with every tech...so why not a military capture bonus to increase LGing?

you can capture more from your opponents for any attack (or if that's too strong, maybe just more ghost acres bonus?)
formerly Viola MD

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 17th 2010, 19:14:45

hmn that might be a *bit* too abusable...?
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 17th 2010, 20:00:00

you want to take portion of enemy's military after you've grabbed him/her? why on earth?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

dantzig Game profile

Dec 17th 2010, 20:05:51

I don't think he's advocating capturing your opponents military units, just increased attack gains. I think it's a good idea.

1 pt: +10% attack gains for 10 attacks / 30 turns
2 pts: +15% attack gains for 10 attacks / 30 turns
3: pts: +20% attack gains for 10 attacks / 30 turns
FoG

highrock Game profile

Dec 17th 2010, 20:41:45

Originally posted by Marshal:
you want to take portion of enemy's military after you've grabbed him/her? why on earth?

yes i meant more acres/food/cash.

but interesting, maybe we can capture some military units and hold them captive for ransom!
formerly Viola MD

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 17th 2010, 20:50:13

oh boy...

It *would* be fun to have, but yeah, the potential for abuse is just too big. Imagine a suicider letting loose on an alliance with max stored bonus points....

highrock Game profile

Dec 17th 2010, 20:53:08

Originally posted by NOW3P:
oh boy...

It *would* be fun to have, but yeah, the potential for abuse is just too big. Imagine a suicider letting loose on an alliance with max stored bonus points....

hmm that is true to a certain extent, which is why i suggested maybe a ghost acres bonus instead, which presumably doesn't hurt the target as much.

also there's really a limit seeing as how you can't have more than 16 bonus points at one time.
formerly Viola MD

Marshal Game profile

Dec 17th 2010, 21:29:47

increasing returns by bonus could increase grabbing and lead to abusing and then receiving alliance would fs attacker or receiving country/countries would suicide on attacking alliance or just quit. to avoid abuse attacks would need to restricted max 2 per country/tag.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....