Verified:

llaar Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 14:26:26

grabbing rules:
1. for every day that you do not make an attack, you lose 2 CS. this is cumulative upkeep for not attacking. day 1, 2 CS, day 2, 4 CS, day 3, 6 CS... etc. 14 CS if a week of no attacks. this will force people to not play all-x if they want to have decent countries. hitting untagged countries or 1 man tags will not count toward fulfilling this. this would likely force more clan interaction, and remove the pact the whole server approach. this should not apply to the first 5 or 7 days of the set, or the first 300 turns of a restart. alternatively, 1%, adding 1% per day could be a neat formula too for this. also maybe start it at 48 or 72 hours since last attack or something. This allows a weekend of no playing to not hurt you but it ramps up quickly once it takes effect. assume 72 hours until effect, and then 4 days no hitting that a week of no hitting = 4% CS loss that 7th day then. "your lack of new land from other player's territories has caused 5 contruction sites to collapse"
2. remove the crazy DR formulas, majority of people tend to play once a day I would think so have DR be once a day
3. make it so that if you're attacked and you have no defense you lose more CS if you have no defense. penalize defender not the attacker (remove the change of the attacker not getting ghost acres) this would encourage defense. it should be minimal though so you dont have to do too much math, the little advisor guy should tell you what you need to have as a minimum to defend your land from hurtful CS attacks. completely discourage 0 military or < 1k total military, by removing 10% of the defenders CS per hit. completely undefended countries shouldn't exist

spy changes:
1. add a spy op for stealing land, make it a very low %
2. lower spy DR. if you demo and CD a target and then they login, you've done so many ops that nothing gets through anymore, so you can't even bio them which is lame

add clan war mechanics, such that tag admins can declare war on a tag(s):
1. notifies all members if clan declares or is declared on
2. remove GDI from being a factor in war when clans are at war
3. remove humanitarians if in clan war
4. remove ability to do special attacks unless youre clan is declared on or your tag admin declares on another tag
5. add ability for peace 72 hours after declaration
6. tag that gets declared on, gets e-mail notification to all members to alert them of the FS
7. tag that gets declared on, gets 50 bonus turns per country once one of their countries has been killed (can't have netting tags declaring to just give each other bonus turns)

untag changes:
1. remove ability of untags to do special attacks (non SS/PS)
2. remove ability of untags to make more than 1 SS or PS /day unless they are in a clan of at least 2 distinct players. (remove solo suiciders this goes for FFA as well, solo 16 tag cannot make more than 1 hit per country per day)

market changes:
1. add missiles to public
2. add spies to public
3. add construction sites to public and private
4. add oil to private (oil buyouts to prevent CS shouldn't really be doable. even though I love doing it)

tech change:
1. allow ability to switch tech points from one tech to another with a 50% fee (example, so a netting clan that is hit, can switch some of their agri over to SDI and prevent having 0 SDI if market is completely bought out. i love buying out SDI when I FS to screw the other clan)

war change:
1. if a tag loses 20% of their tag members within 24 hours, the rest of the countries go to protected mode if they haven't made any attacks. protected mode ends when the country is logged into (in FFA logging in to 1 country makes all 16 go out of protected mode). this will prevent a whole clan from getting steamrolled before they even have a chance to login.

general nice to have for the game:
1. make an app with push notifications if you're getting hit
2. add population to every screen so you always know what you're at, push new pop counts to browser so they update constantly
3. also alert a user on any page if any country you own in any server is getting hit (i hate being in a country playing turns only to go back to main screen and find out a country died while I was inside of another!)

Marshal Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 15:41:16

1. some don't have time to grab land and unless retal rules would be changed (alot and only in cases that small country grabs much bigger would l:l retal rules used) then only some would gain land from attacks and govts would need to change or otherwise all would play dicts (and getting decent bpt as dict is pain in the ass) and it would even more difficult for restart to grab land since that player shoukdn't attack outside opponent and finding suitable target to grab could be difficult and also could lead to inter-tag grabbing instead grabs between tags or if intag hits wouldn't be counted then alliances would divide into 2 tags and would grab eachothers daily.

2. yea.

spy:

1. no, spyops are already harmful enuf and morons could be even more destructive.

clan war:

yea on all except humanitarians removal (that made warring on limited total pain in ass since 100k country could attack 10m country and vice versa) and why would any1 do special attacks against warring tag besides restart who hasn't tagged up.

untag:

agree.

market:

there should be limit on how much can be bought daily alliance wide (it doesn't require much imagination what would happen if 50 member tag buys 300 chems each and then they fs some other tag) and also those would benefit morons (its not that difficult to get other player in same tag (or even another country, just make 2nd country in some netcafe/library/etc and leave it at that after tagging it up). oil is fine since that would benefit oilers and those who have millions barrel of oil near end of set.

tech:

yes and no, it has benefits but also would make finding proper missiledumps harder.

war:

yes and no, it'd make suiciding tags more difficult to kill.

generals:

yeah.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 1st 2014, 23:40:08

oi! long post! i'll read it... tomorrow? =D
Finally did the signature thing.

Trife Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 3:42:12

Originally posted by llaar:

general nice to have for the game:
1. make an app with push notifications if you're getting hit

this

this

this

llaar Game profile

Jul 18th 2014, 15:07:08

did you read yet qz?

Hardy Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 13:48:18

And we could call the spies stealing land.. Oh I dont know, Land Lust?

bstrong86 Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 12:16:54

How they gonna steal? I think stealing land would be noticable..backhoe's, cranes, loud equipment..

Or they just gonna use shovels and take the top layer with them?

Meh..
The Death Knights

XI

elvesrus

Jul 21st 2014, 3:13:41

they redrew the borders ;)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.