Verified:

SwedishViper Game profile

May 23rd 2019, 7:15:35

Noticed that two different countries (in FFA), with similar builds and amount of spies, had different expense costs for spies.
The one with less spies had a Expense cost about 2 million more, which is quite a lot when the difference between the two
was just 200k spies. Selling the spies did not matter, as the expense when country had zero spies was still $2,125,683.

Seems like the only difference is that the one with 2 million upkeep has a lot more Spy tech, but there is no upkeep for having Spy technology that Im aware of, at least not when the country has zero spies.

Edited By: SwedishViper on May 23rd 2019, 7:18:56
----------------------------------------------------
OVERLORD 4 Life

Marshal Game profile

May 23rd 2019, 13:21:43

odd, it doesn't do that on alphaffa.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

May 23rd 2019, 15:06:25

A country with 1 million spy tech and 0 spies seem to have 500k expense cost for spies, which is quite strange :) (This cost then seem to multiply for countries with even more spy tech)
OVERLORD 4 Life

The_Hawk

May 23rd 2019, 15:50:52

Did you run a turn after selling the spies?

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

May 23rd 2019, 17:39:19

Yes, multiple turns with no change in expense (still 500k or above depending on the tech amount)
OVERLORD 4 Life

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 28th 2019, 17:40:58

Theres no expense change, additive or multiplicative, with with spy tech on alphaffa as long as nw is compensated for.

There are different status screens and they show different information (some erroneous). You need to post an image on imgur so we can see what exactly is going on.

sinistril Game profile

Jul 10th 2019, 5:54:09

I can't explain expenses with zero spies but the different expenses are likely NW differences between countries. Would need SS to be sure.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.