Verified:

General Earl Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 20:17:42

https://twitter.com/#!/EarthEmpires

We've been there since the beginning, however we'll actually be using the account now :).

We'll be posting set information such as start/end dates in case you happen to leave for a while and want to keep in touch. In addition, it'll be a great way to keep up with new game development features and you can let us know how we're doing as well!
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 20th 2012, 20:45:36

Thanks GE :)

We may also start talking about other random EE related things, be it specific things happening on servers, or whatever!

if you have an account, follow us!

if you don't, make one and follow us!

it helps with the search visibility of Earthempires.com if you mention us on twitter... and the number of followers you have helps give accounts more authority... just saying... ;)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

trainboy Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 20:46:47

what about facebook app as this has gone quiet for a while?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2012, 5:15:48

we actually had a working FB app before FB changed their API; but we have some big plans (that i'm in the middle of) to change the back-end of the game and merge forums & stuff in (and pang wants to redo the UI a little bit), so those seemed logical to finish and try to polish before opening on facebook.

Also, one of the biggest reasons for delay was in order to start developing some systems to make the game... less n00b hostile...
Finally did the signature thing.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 5:27:41

The challenge with a facebook app is really that facebook games these days _all_ have a "tutorial" of some sort that doesn't require reading a wiki.

Without a tutorial guiding the player for the first say 1000 turns, it wouldn't effectively capture an audience that actually stay to play.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2012, 6:48:53

Precisely what Xinhuan said; that's also been part of the wiki push; GE is working on making a sub-wiki that draws from the main wiki, to serve as tooltips or HELP pages from the game.

We have the beginnings of tutorials with the advisor system.

And we have a few plans up our sleeve.

But these things are all really necessary in order to actually make people stick around at all.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2012, 7:20:13

Wow so someday there will be a Facebook app? I like this game enough to Like it and push some friends to try it
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 7:28:26

You're going to get major problems with players that have multiple Facebook accounts. All Facebook games have this problem inherently, and there's little to do about it. Specifically, Facebook forbids people to have multiple accounts, but I also know people with like 5 or 10 proxy accounts to gift themselves and each other ingame advantages for games like Farmville or Mafia Wars.

It's not as simple as you think.

trainboy Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 16:19:12

Heh nice to hear updates I know its not simple stuff

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2012, 16:57:03

Hm we can still check their IP's and all that Xinhuan; they still directly connect to us I believe. Just they also happen to be logged into facebook.

(At least, that's how I *think* it works. Pang did the last one.)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2012, 3:22:23

i always thought a single player challenge style system would be the best way to learn

hit 20k military units at turn 100 and so on

gold silver bronze stars based on number of CS's type thing

General Earl Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 4:39:00

These kinds of suggestions really belong on the bugs and suggestions forum- where it's all about new ideas and what not :).
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 4:42:46

I just wanted to dispel the notion that bringing EE to Facebook is an easy task. :P