Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2019, 2:49:42

So today I was in a bit of a rush and I stopped by at one of their drive through....usually I just get a coffee but I was I lil bit hungry so I got me a big mac meal, paid, waited few seconds....got my coke.....waited few more seconds...no straw thus far.....about a minute goes by and the dude brings me the food bag, I look inside.....no straw, he noticed me looking for something and I suppose he already knew what was missing but instead he played the dumb card....so I looked at him and said "I didn't get a straw", so he says "sorry, new policy, we don't give out straws unless the customer asks for one, do you want a straw?".....at this point I'm already irritated, so my answer to him came out fueled by anger and I said to him, "yes I need a straw since I will be DRIVING and I'm yet to teach my fluff to absorb liquids".....his face was PRICELESS, but he gave me a straw.....then I felt bad as I drove away...

Meh to 2019.....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

daspheebsie Game profile

Jul 16th 2019, 2:51:39

Oo Suddenly I am grateful for my Mc Donalds here in Vancouver. They don't make you ask for friggin' straws.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2019, 2:53:43

Not yet...it started in Cali and it has arrived in Oregon...itll creep up there :-/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

daspheebsie Game profile

Jul 16th 2019, 2:58:04

I mean everything else does. So won't be long.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 16th 2019, 3:02:14

I'm using the I have not taught my fluff how to drink liquid comment next time someone asks me if I want a straw.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2019, 3:05:44

LOL, please record their reaction, I wish I would have...

Anyways...moral of the story is that fast food is becoming an inconvenience ......gee.....it kinda defies their purpose....don't it?
(•_•)

Hardy Game profile

Jul 16th 2019, 3:07:53

Environment.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2019, 3:10:53

Biodegradable straws do exist.
(•_•)

daspheebsie Game profile

Jul 16th 2019, 5:10:29

So do metal ones.. They're just a trip hazard....
Current SoLer
Retired LaF

Boltar Game profile

Jul 16th 2019, 5:16:19

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
LOL, please record their reaction, I wish I would have...

Anyways...moral of the story is that fast food is becoming an inconvenience ......gee.....it kinda defies their purpose....don't it?

and imagine their workers want $15 an hr to start. dont get me wrong, im all for people getting paid more and minimum wage being higher, but $15 is alot for a job typically for young adults and teenagers. nothing wrong with adults having said job either, but point im making is people who want better pay should have a better quality work rate

LightBringer Game profile

Jul 16th 2019, 7:13:20

Do they not have straw dispensers in murican McDonalds?

In Australia they never give you straws,you just grab one from the dispenser thats on the counter.

Edited By: LightBringer on Jul 16th 2019, 7:15:31
See Original Post
Hello

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2019, 8:01:18

Originally posted by LightBringer:
Do they not have straw dispensers in murican McDonalds?

In Australia they never give you straws,you just grab one from the dispenser thats on the counter.

Drive thru straw dispenser?
(•_•)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2019, 15:45:46

Bwahhahahahahahahahashas This is only the beginning. You will all have to go along with the nanny state in the future. When we make something politically correct, you will cooperate whether it's right or wrong, it is now labeled correct and you will comply or we will call you racist, bigot, hater, Islamophobe, Homophobe, etc. We will cost you your job and your reputation as we go out of our way to crush any resistance to our nefarious plans for humanity under one YOKE!
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2019, 16:05:28

The best is that they give you a paper straw at some locations and no straw at other ones right now, but still serve the drink in a giant ass plastic cup. Like they don't actually give a fluff, they're just trying to avoid self-righteous people.

We quit giving out straws at my job too. I fancy myself an environmentalist but i also have about 40,000 straws at my job that have already been purchased and will undoubtedly end up in a landfill. Just going to slow play them now haha.

The reason we quit giving them out is because people are generally not as unpleasant in asking for a straw, and in our field we don't often have a lot of time to listen to people preach about how they are bad for the environment. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that thinking either. It's trendy to make a stink about plastic straws, and I honestly just don't have time to listen to it. Either way my 40,000 straws will end in a landfill, i just don't have time to listen to people fluff at my job. Those wacky straw people go on and on and on. It's seriously time consuming.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 16th 2019, 16:09:05
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2019, 16:23:37

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 16th 2019, 17:06:17

You still use landfills?

Incineration or recycling is where my plastic goes.

It's the 0-30% that doesnt go to a thrash bag that is the issue. Either way I think it will be sorted in a couple years, not the microplastics in the environment but the technical, social and economical issues with replacing the products that have a tendency to land in the wrong place with biodegradable materials.

Right now tho we got a bunch of idiots calling for a ban on all plastic and another set of idiots on the other side saying its fine the way we are doing it now.

In the mass balance of microplastics in the environment we do not have to eliminate the supply to the environment we just have to make the supply smaller than the elimination by degradation. There are many categories of products that due to how they are being used never reach the environment and are really easy to get to recycling/incineration while the opposite is also true for other products. They need to indentifiy which categories of products land in the environment and which of them does not, so that the focus on finding alternatives is put in the right place. That way plastic which can be a fantastic material can be used many more years in the future, where it is needed.

sinistril Game profile

Jul 16th 2019, 23:20:07

Waxworms. Monetize them. Do the American thing.

Edited By: sinistril on Jul 16th 2019, 23:23:27
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 17th 2019, 23:05:56

I went to Mcfluff's today. Thought of you.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 18th 2019, 5:08:25

fluff McDonald's, but thanks anyways ❤
(•_•)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 18th 2019, 13:31:50

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
fluff McDonald's, but thanks anyways ❤

That is a whole lot of fluffing. Enjoy. :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Original Skywise L Game profile

Jul 30th 2019, 22:55:33

I'm working on Building a plastic island in the Pacific Ocean... we (Berry Global) had free straw bags of like 200 in a bag, given away at the door if you wanted them, because we no longer make them. I took 2 bags.

And I still like sea turtles.

Does that make me a homophobe?
Skywise

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 30th 2019, 23:45:45

You fluffing bigot, you!
(•_•)

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 31st 2019, 6:12:11

What a cool story.
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Original Skywise L Game profile

Jul 31st 2019, 19:26:45

Which one? Lol
Skywise

Oceana Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 10:02:44

Oh I felt like eating a quarter pounder deluxe after work, Late night, Get to the McD's right next to the interstate, Get told they're short on staff, they can only sell me ice cream, fries, or a drink: no thanks , drive to the next McD's normally busy, oh they closed both inside and drive-thru, while they unloading the supply truck, coin tossed which third McD's to then try, oh guessed wrong they out right closed no sign of anyone there, headed off to steak and shake.

Rokkie Game profile

Aug 1st 2019, 15:13:07

Originally posted by Oceana:
Oh I felt like eating a quarter pounder deluxe after work, Late night, Get to the McD's right next to the interstate, Get told they're short on staff, they can only sell me ice cream, fries, or a drink: no thanks , drive to the next McD's normally busy, oh they closed both inside and drive-thru, while they unloading the supply truck, coin tossed which third McD's to then try, oh guessed wrong they out right closed no sign of anyone there, headed off to steak and shake.

Alot of effort for fluff food if you ask me. ( talking about the mcd)

Stryke Game profile

Aug 3rd 2019, 8:26:14

I've seen a lot of places around here in on the Historic 25th Street in Ogden, Utah put signs up in their windows, that say they're doing away with drinking straws... for environmental concerns. And the ones doing it are already sit-in restaurants... so it makes very little sense for them to do it, especially when they never gave you a friggin straw in the first place, as there was no need, each of these places gave you a good 20 or more ounce plastic cup or glass, which was filled with ice and your choice of soft drink or tea at the fountain machine. Now, if these places gave you the kind of cups you'd get at a convenience store/gas station that needed a lid, I could see the need for a straw... but then again, Utah.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

archaic Game profile

Aug 5th 2019, 18:54:51

Because when I think about harming sea turtles, Utah is at the very top of my list.

That's the problem with knee jerk reactionism - it's always either a brush fire or a blizzard - no room for rational thought in between.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2019, 22:42:55

Meanwhile in Nigeria amongst other 3rth and 4rth world countries, they don't give a flying fluff about the environment...

https://youtu.be/XRBJwPbssuY

fluff.... they've put environment destruction in the express lane!
(•_•)

mdevol Game profile

Aug 6th 2019, 22:09:02

next time you go into mcdonalds or burger king, grab a small handful of straws and shove them in your glove box. problem solved.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2019, 22:22:20

No, I just get coffee from them, straw not needed, that was a one time a year deal, I get my burgers from In n Out, if I'm gonna kill myself with junk food, I'm doing it in style ;-)
(•_•)