Verified:

joedro Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:05:34

Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

highrock Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:14:38

umm ICN is hardly the first clan to do it...another clan has been doing it all reset...
formerly Viola MD

joe2 Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:29:53

ICN uses tyr retalers that retal then let their betters get the land off of them so nothing to see here move along folks

Piece of fluff iPhone changing my abbreviation

Thomas Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:30:29

I refer you to the tag RD for actual intra tag farming.

mrford Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:31:01

ICN has done that for a while, even back when I played for them years ago
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ponderer Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 2:41:33

I seem to remember LaF doing that a long time ago - called it their guardian strat if I recall correctly. Viper's bright idea.
m0m0rific

hanlong Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:04:01

heh... we didn't run the guardian idea ever since the only reset we tried it because we pissed so many people off that reset... :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

gwagers Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:13:24

I suppose the issue would solve itself if people would quit hitting #340...

Just a thought.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

joedro Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:33:12

Ive never seen this before!

Junky Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:56:23

I've stopped caring about inter-clan farming long ago... just be happy they arn't farming clanless countries and making people leave the game... I think its a lesser of the two evils...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

DeathRider Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 3:58:02

it's not necessarily farming.. he was retalling a retaller who took a retal for him.. He's not gaining anything other than original lost land minus the ghost acres.

highrock Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 4:52:26

Originally posted by Junky:
I've stopped caring about inter-clan farming long ago... just be happy they arn't farming clanless countries and making people leave the game... I think its a lesser of the two evils...

i'm not sure it's the lesser of two evils. not talking about getting your land back from a retaller, but inter-clan farming to generate land via ghost acres is a downright abuse of ghost acres. sooner or later, all clans will have to do it to keep up...and i think that will lead to the demise of ghost acres, if not the game. i think that's way worse than farming suiciders and untagged vets with grudges (let's face it, none of those untags are noobs).
formerly Viola MD

oats Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 5:55:32

I don't know why this is acceptable to anyone while RD gets blasted for inter alliance farming. Nor do I understand why ICN wouldn't farm one another. This is the exact same thing.

With the new landgrabbing formulas and building generation it is well enough for people to do their own retals.

Also, the tyr hits take more empty acres but dict hits gain more total acres when you include buildings. It makes no sense to retal with tyr if you want to gain the most acres. Retalling with tyr just cheeses people off while retalling with dict is beneficial to all.

But why not just farm within your alliance? You do it openly now.

locket Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 6:04:42

Its simply for retals oats. There is a difference.

highrock Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 6:08:14

Originally posted by oats:
I don't know why this is acceptable to anyone while RD gets blasted for inter alliance farming. Nor do I understand why ICN wouldn't farm one another. This is the exact same thing.

With the new landgrabbing formulas and building generation it is well enough for people to do their own retals.

Also, the tyr hits take more empty acres but dict hits gain more total acres when you include buildings. It makes no sense to retal with tyr if you want to gain the most acres. Retalling with tyr just cheeses people off while retalling with dict is beneficial to all.

But why not just farm within your alliance? You do it openly now.

in terms of total acres, tyranny still always gets more than dict. you just get a higher proportion of built acres as a dict...
formerly Viola MD

joedro Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 19:30:20

i think its BS i to see it as abuse of ghost acres, if you want hit some one in your clan BOOT them! as for you doing this to get your land back if you cant retal your retal then you dont deserve to have that land! so shut up and guit cheating

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 19:31:48

blah blah blah alliance-based server blah blah tag protection yadda yadda yadda...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 6th 2011, 20:49:26

Originally posted by Junky:

just look untaggeds/few ppls tags news and you see that they get farmed.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

gwagers Game profile

Jan 7th 2011, 5:01:42

Originally posted by joedro:
i think its BS i to see it as abuse of ghost acres, if you want hit some one in your clan BOOT them! as for you doing this to get your land back if you cant retal your retal then you dont deserve to have that land! so shut up and guit cheating

It is the grabber's purpose to find a target that either can't retaliate or can't get as much land back as the grabber took. For that reason, if the grabber is doing his/her job, C:C retaliation would not act to dissuade future grabbing. On the other hand, a retaliation done by a country specifically built to retaliate should make it not worthwhile for that grabber to attack that alliance again. Isn't that why we play with tag protection, as NukEvil points out?

Or was that sarcasm, Nuk? Serious question, I really couldn't tell.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 7th 2011, 20:48:19

best landgains are gotten if attacker and defender are near eachothers on nw, if defender wants to do retal by his/her own he/she needs to buy alot jets which means that his/her nw jumps much bigger than attacker's nw so defender won't get his/her land back, if retaller takes land back then orig. attacker gains ghosts and retaller gains ghosts after he/she has donated land back to orig. defender.

CGiboney Game profile

Jan 7th 2011, 22:45:59

WHO GIVEs A RAT SSA

Unholy Monks

joedro Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 7:40:13

we are getting off track here, i agree with other counrys taking retals for people, i build retal countrys my self. the point is doing to to get your land back, if you cant hold your land you dont deserve it

Marshal Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 20:19:10

there's always some1 who has enuf jets to take your land no matter how good def you have, what stops most players not to grabbing you won't stop 1 of those others to grab you.

ponderer Game profile

Jan 8th 2011, 23:25:37

Originally posted by hanlong:
heh... we didn't run the guardian idea ever since the only reset we tried it because we pissed so many people off that reset... :P

RoCK was looking for an excuse to hit you guys. No matter what you tried that reset, it would have pissed them off ; p
m0m0rific