Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 14th 2018, 1:20:33

Just letting everyone know I survived. I live in Gadsden County, FL, and rode out the storm in a closet.

I believe my house suffered the least amount of damage, with only our shed losing half its roof, and my grandparents' trailer losing two porch roofs. Not everyone was as fortunate as us, with trees down everywhere, on houses, across roads, over powerlines, etc. We probably won't get power back for a week or two. We haven't been able to watch any news coverage of the situation; the only internet in our neighborhood between Wednesday and Friday was my satellite connection, running off an inverter connected to a car battery. We got cell service back last night, but it's been a bit spotty today. Tallahassee has gotten most of its power back online, and we've made a run to replenish the diesel in our RV for its generator to keep our freezers and refrigerators going. Our water well is still out, so we have no water supply. We've filled all the RVs water tanks and have cases of bottled water, so we're hoping we can outlast this power outage.

The small towns about 20 miles west of us Bristol, Blountstown, Grand Ridge, etc. suffered far worse--roads are nearly impassable due to downed trees, even after the first responding crews opened up a single lane on all roads with trees on them. These towns probably won't get power back for months. To say nothing of the utter destruction suffered by Panama City, Mexico Beach, any of the towns in that ares along the coast.

So, yeah, me and my family survived, a lot of people were as fortunate or less fortunate. Just letting everyone here know. I'll need to sign off to conserve battery power, so I may read any responses tomorrow or something.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

breeze Game profile

Oct 14th 2018, 1:56:46

I'm glad you are ok. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

mrcuban Game profile

Oct 14th 2018, 2:58:49

I just took a storm here at home and a 15m tree got struck by lightening without any warning and came down crashing on the rear patio and literally bent the thick steel almost in half back to the ground. Had it not fall at 45% and land at 60% it would have come through the living room / kitchen.

Glad your okay bud.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 14th 2018, 3:16:50

Good to hear, Nuk! Stay dry my friend!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

daspheebsie Game profile

Oct 14th 2018, 3:26:36

Stay safe hun, and I am glad that you are okay.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Oct 14th 2018, 4:34:36

I couldnt get through anything after envisioning a double porches trailer. Glad you didn't die?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 14th 2018, 14:53:51

I have a question for you. With a hurricane you have a lot of warning time, why choose to stay in the path? I live where we get tornadoes a lot and the bad thing about them is little to no warning time its heading for you.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 14th 2018, 22:29:38

glad to hear that you're okay, Nukey - stay safe man !
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 15th 2018, 1:50:12

Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes. Things are very slowly getting back to normal here. Still no power, of course. Went on a wild goose chase for propane today and had to replace all our propane cylinders because they had expired. We need propane to run the generator on our truck camper to keep our freezer and refrigerator cold.

Originally posted by Requiem:
I have a question for you. With a hurricane you have a lot of warning time, why choose to stay in the path? I live where we get tornadoes a lot and the bad thing about them is little to no warning time its heading for you.

This storm was first predicted on Sunday, showed up on Monday, and hit us on Wednesday. Also, they had been predicting a weak category 2 to make landfall, not an almost-category 5. Our bus needs new tires and we weren't sure how long the current tires would last us. We had been planning on replacing them before next year's vacation. So we decided to ride it out, and by the time the hurricane became the monster it was, it was too late to evacuate. We put the bus in a field, where one of the A/C units got damaged, and spent the storm in a closet in the house. The RV I was remodeling got flattened, so we cannabilized whatever we could from it and are using the parts to repair some of the damage done to the bus. We are using its 30 gallon water tank as a water storage tank while we use the water stored in the tanks on the bus and our truck camper. So that's where we are at now. I'll be showing up to work tomorrow, and will see how that goes.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 15th 2018, 14:23:25

Glad you are ok Nuk. I had TWO family members evacuate. One from Defuniak Springs (my niece) and my brother in PCB, btw if you all are ever in PCB and staying at the Wyndam Emerald Resort, go to their skybar, he is one of the bartenders. He is a big large guy, so don't eff with him lol. Anyhow he and his wife left to Montgomery...why I had no clue at first when I am the same distance northeast and free, found out later his FIL is the guy that owns the power company down there and I was offering to let them all come to stay at my house the day after because there is no getting back into PCB, the rich dude can fend for himself, but my SIL likes to stay close (only child will get all the money) so my brother didn't come, I guess "priorities". Anyhow we lost power up here. Strangely I found it odd to look at the rain total maps yesterday to find that we had received more rain than Walton County and Okaloosa County (where I was born). Meanwhile, my friend is a police officer in Marianna, FL :( RIP her home. I had offered her to come up here too, but at that time Jackson County had placed a curfew, but I don't think she can leave being a PO.

I am very annoyed that they wrongly called this storm. For those that don't know, I am very into weather, especially all things severe weather....hurricances, tornados, blizzards. I called that being a High Cat 4, low-end Cat 5 hurricane. (if you don't believe me, I have screenshots) I tried to tell several family members, told many people. I looked at that thing on the satellite, watched a ton of models. I still cannot figure out how they didn't see it. I am starting to think they are scared because they have been "over calling" hurricanes, only for them to fizzle. Well, that statement isn't right, honestly, you never know what mother nature is going to do. But honestly the size of Micheal told me he was going to be up there. Micheal gained 3 categories in a day and continued to strengthen as it started hitting the continental shelf. Meanwhile dropping MB's like no hurricane has done since in very long time. Matter a fact it was gaining as the eye made landfall. It was crazy to watch.

Next time message me to check on the size and if you need a place to evacuate, I work for a church that has lots of room in it, a kitchen, and bathrooms, and you will get fed.

Requiem...there was not a lot of time with this hurricane at all. 3 days. 3 days is very iffy when you have no clue where it is going to make exact landfall and the news downplayed it's size.

P.S. I have power.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2018, 16:19:52

Imo thats a long time considering a tornado gives you 30 min max. Just my opinion of course!

Rasp Game profile

Oct 15th 2018, 16:20:18

Glad you survived to post another day. :)

In all seriousness, glad your family stayed safe and hope you get power soon. Cooler temperatures come in a week at least in the chance you still don't have power (we had no power for over a week with Matthew, then 3 days with Irma).
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 15th 2018, 16:48:44

Imo thats a long time considering a tornado gives you 30 min max. Just my opinion of course!

Very true. I am also a believer in being well prepared for any disaster. I have read on facebook things like "the stores were out of everything". You are told to prep for stuff like this including tornados.
We keep bottled water, we have wood cut for the wood stove, I can cook on that. We have prepped food that is stored. (which is actually really good, soviet has to keep me from cooking it up and eating it lol) This is where we got ours from: https://mypatriotsupply.com/...s/emergency-survival-food
Milk = powdered milk actually tastes not so bad. I can never understand the milk thing. People empty out the stores here for milk and bread in the event of a hurricane or a small amount of snow being called for the south. If the power goes out..what are they going to do with that milk???

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2018, 17:25:27

Dang nuke thats a whole lot of circumstances that lined up! Glad you’re ok. I heard that is like the 3rd time in recorded history that area of FL has taken a direct hit. The storm was moving pretty fast for a hurricane which may have helped a little on the flooding front, unlike last year in Houston, but the destruction looks really bad on TV.

Not to turn this into a global warming debate but these bad hurricanes are going to really start costing $$$ if they keep happening...

And Galleri I am guilty of being a bad preper. I have about 3 weeks worth if MREs that don’t expire for some years, I should actually check the dates now that I mention it. And I alohave a case of sams club canned tuna and rice on hand :p. Water might be an issue... Like I said bad preper :p

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2018, 20:39:00

Yeah no fluff, I've been watching YouTube footage and it looks like a post war carpet bombing out there, I'm glad and surprised not more people died...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2018, 20:52:34

Glad you are ok NukEvil. They say Michael was the strongest hurricane to ever hit that area and I believe it. I live in NC and it still tore a lot of fluff up. Nothing compared to you but I have more trees to cut up now.

Between Florence and Michael I have lost 12 large white oaks and 3 sycamores. Thankfully none fell on the house.

Edited By: beerdrinker75 on Oct 15th 2018, 20:55:47
Just shut up and have another beer

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2018, 21:28:54

Damn, stay safe guys!
(•_•)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 16th 2018, 1:12:57

Glad you're OK, Nukevil!!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 17th 2018, 5:35:15

Dang nuke thats a whole lot of circumstances that lined up! Glad you’re ok. I heard that is like the 3rd time in recorded history that area of FL has taken a direct hit. The storm was moving pretty fast for a hurricane which may have helped a little on the flooding front, unlike last year in Houston, but the destruction looks really bad on TV.

Not to turn this into a global warming debate but these bad hurricanes are going to really start costing $$$ if they keep happening...

And Galleri I am guilty of being a bad preper. I have about 3 weeks worth if MREs that don’t expire for some years, I should actually check the dates now that I mention it. And I alohave a case of sams club canned tuna and rice on hand :p. Water might be an issue... Like I said bad preper :p

Your wife should know better about being prepared ;)