Verified:

farmer Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 2:46:13

127 tagged countries. how many bots are there? this is not enough to make the market work right

Marshal Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 9:42:45

well FFA has ~20 times more and military market totally sucks (prices are maybe below pm selling prices) and oil and bushels are cheap too.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Havoc Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 11:32:15

Yeah I don't understand the FFA market at all
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Ruthie

Aug 13th 2017, 14:32:58

There are currently 286 countries in the Alliance server.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Suncrusher Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 14:34:15

A lot of those are bots

Marshal Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 15:56:18

20-25% are bots.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 13th 2017, 18:54:08

FFA has a greater proportion of bots and if you want to understand which direction bots push the market you just have to create a country on the ai server and check out the market there.

I believe its closer to 1/3-35% bots on alliance.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 19:15:39

bots push market down the drain.

last set there were ~20 bots in top100 so if its 1/3 then there were 80+ bots on next 200 ranks.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 13th 2017, 19:54:19

The bots add much needed liquidity to the market. They also add land that otherwise would be farmed off any small tags of old friends held together for the heck of it or of new players trying out a new game. This game would be dead within 3 months if it was not for bots.

Look at team server. People are back to their rainbow roots playing strategies with no market interaction.

Now you can have issues with how the bots work and that they should fix the balance between them, maybe defend them better both with turrets and with spies and obviously they should fix this silly switching back and forth between buying res and bus tech, but bots as a feature is the IV that this bleeding game needs to keep its heart pumping a little longer.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 20:20:15

i agree that bots provide land but do they fluffup market or not is different thing (for example atm gets more money when sells bushels at priv than at public and if alliance bots follow FFA bots then military market will drop way below tmbr's buying prices (maybe just above priv prices that gets few bucks profits vs selling at priv)).

before bots players bought defense early to prevent getting grabbed (or atleast lower that risk) and today some players run with basically 0 defense whole set to maximize tax income and minimize bushels lost per turn.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 13th 2017, 22:07:22

Market looks different than FFA because in FFA the bots have a larger share of some goods markets than in alliance. So the supply and demand are at equilibrium at higher military prices in alliance for the most part.
Same thing would happen if in one set like 20-25% of the players in primary or tournament decided that it would be great to run a C/I. C/Is need their stuff to sell and a smart player follows the market instead of trying to sell at 120 when the market is at 70 and with thick blocks between. It is not about the market sales code, because that responds to market prices, just like players do, just in a less refined way.

I for one never had that much defence (always some though) early on in alliance servers since the explore rates were increased so they stopped dropping after 1000 acres.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 13th 2017, 22:37:21

yes players respond to trend cause they have to and in FFA demand is way lower than in alliance due selffarming so whatever military is needed bots supply it +surplus.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 13th 2017, 23:30:10

my point is that there is no reason why the farmer, techer and casher bots cant be made to buy almost the same amounts of military as the indy bots produce, and the same for tech. It does not need to be an exact match, nor does it have to be the same units. Just that bots don't have to drive the market in any specific direction for no reason. this is an engineering problem, with an engineering solution. It's not the occurrence of bots that is the issue. It's that they have to be tuned a bit every now and then just like a violin.

Yheti Game profile

Aug 14th 2017, 3:10:55

Is there a way to tell which countries are bots?

iScode Game profile

Aug 14th 2017, 5:44:26

yes, you allow the leaders in your alliance update all the bot countries for you.

Other than that lazy way, I am sure there would be ways to work it out via the ops but im to lazy so I just look at whats listed lol
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 14th 2017, 13:53:10

That probably only works if you are in LaF. So you are welcome to apply to LaF and we shall provide that service to you, as we do to all our members.

Symbolic Game profile

Aug 14th 2017, 14:06:30

earthgraphs.com --> country search ---> untagg only max DR 0-7

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Aug 14th 2017, 14:21:20

All of my bot countries keep coming up tagged as imag, does this mean i can farm them?
*Splat*

Marshal Game profile

Aug 14th 2017, 14:31:16

yes.

1 way to identify bots besides them being in deep dr is to check if countryname has capped 1st letters of words.

Riddler Game profile

Aug 21st 2017, 23:50:49

I wish all the markets would intertwine... so the market fluctuations would be immense.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 22nd 2017, 13:23:03

well markets are more or less weird on all servers and doubt military market would be any better with shared market.