Verified:

Devestation Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 0:49:00

OMGGGG THE SEA LEVEL IS RISING IN QUEENSLAND CLEARLY GLOBAL WARMING IS HAPPENING AND GLENN BECK WILL BE EATEN BY THE LOCH NESS MONSTER.

(I couldn't resist using Queensland...)

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 0:54:26

The extensive rains in eastern australia and specifically queensland right now is caused by La Nina.

Yes, Glen Beck is a tool.

Queenslanders are also tools.

The end.

Devestation Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 1:06:46

Spoilsport.

Kyatoru Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 1:14:58

Give me a couple hundred million dollars and I will personally set out for the truth of this global warming / coming ice age dilemma aboard my new yacht...I mean research vessel.
+Kya

Junky Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 1:33:10

Screw Global Warming, I've moved past that, and am going straight to Global cooling... soon as the sun spots start to decrease that'll be the new rage
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

ponderer Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 1:36:03

right, the sun spots. I was wondering why the reception on my radio was acting up.
m0m0rific

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 1:56:48

http://www.youtube.com/..._-gwiteFE&feature=aso

this is a disturbing result of global warming-- we must act now!!!
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 18:22:14

why is La Nina pissing on Austrailia?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 10th 2011, 18:23:31

Probably the only place no one else would notice?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Devestation Game profile

Jan 11th 2011, 2:23:59

Glenn Beck was born by an ice cap melting through a mountain into hell. It cooled a pool of lava within and the monster was born.

Drinks Game profile

Jan 11th 2011, 10:56:39

I would like to say that everyone that has posted inappropriate things in this thread should reconsider their posts.

You may find it funny to talk fluff here but the truth is it isnt a laughing issue.

Do some research at the actual severity of the issue before posting ridiculous comments.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Jan 11th 2011, 11:36:18

hehe, rut roh, they have found us.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 11th 2011, 19:46:07

The more glenn beck talks, the warmer the earth gets.
SO THERE!:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Jan 27th 2011, 1:18:55

neato, think i found a new blog.

http://www.c3headlines.com/...al-warming-science-i.html

http://tinyurl.com/3youq8v in case the url linkage code gets messed up.

Klown Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 1:41:43

Everyone listen to Drinks and wise up. If we stop making jokes about global warming, we will reverse it.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 1:45:58

lol Drinks=tool

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 2:42:23

Drinks lives in Australia, assholes, he is not defending global warming but living through a catastrophe with the flooding.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Klown Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 2:51:19

Yes, like we knew that. Definitely assholes.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 3:01:28

Drinks where do you live?

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 5:00:12

ah whoops I feel like an ass now, sorry drinks. Totally thought you were talking about seriousness of global warming.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 6:08:55

The biggest danger is fearmongers who don't care about truth at all, and spread fear just to make money. That applies to both scientists and media personalities.

The real truth is that the media and academia are both full of clueless idiots, and the only thing that saves them is that the public is also full of clueless idiots.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 9:25:47

"academia are clueless idiots"

Cuckoo....cuckoo.....
lol

insane.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 14:56:33

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
"academia are clueless idiots"

Cuckoo....cuckoo.....
lol

insane.

When you keep changing your mind and then stating that your new theory is 100% bulletproof, at some point you have to realize that you're just guessing, that you don't know for sure.

Theoretical physicists tend to be the best at realizing the possibility that they are wrong. Physics theories about subatomic particles and quantum mechanics have been qualified with far more cautions about the possibility that they are wrong than have theories in other fields.

Mathematicians actually have the ability to be correct, since they deal with the abstract, rather than forming theories in response to data, and forming new theories every time they get unexpected data. The standard of proof for mathematicians is inherently different than that of all other fields.

Economists live in a fantasy world and don't rely much on data at all for their theories, thus they change their theories less often than most. They tend to be too idealistic, and theorize about what should happen, rather than attempting to properly integrate psychology into economics. To allude to Bertrand Russell's statement, economists often assume that man is rational, yet Russell wisely noted to have not yet seen proof of this assertion.

Biologists have vastly overstated their understanding of evolution and the strength of the evidence for evolution. There are still big holes in the completeness of both micro and macro evolution theories (especially macroevolution), but their response is to associate anyone who criticizes the incompleteness of these theories with being a creationist.

It is similar with those who question the completeness of the assumptions on global warming. They've had to rename their global warming scare into climate change, because they now believe that Europe's temperature will drop as a result of the melting of polar ice caps and the thawing of permafrost in Siberia. Scientists on both sides pick and choose their data to attempt to come to a conclusion, because the comprehensive use of data will show that we are still clueless.

I call them clueless idiots because they are unwilling to admit how little they know.

ViLSE Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 15:20:20

Oh my, too many things there that sound totally loony.

*despises creationist loonies and anti-scientists*

Jan 27th 2011, 15:25:39

they are not anti-scientists, they are Mad Scientists!

gwagers Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 18:00:07

I think you make a good point about changing theories in response to new data, Rockman, but only because that's the point of the scientific process. As I learned it in the last basic science course I took, we can never prove anything; rather, we can disprove things, and theorize about the likelihood of things. Of course, that same professor was VERY sure of himself and his beliefs, and while I believe he was right much of the time, he really didn't have to be a hypocrite about it.

<--believes that global warming is occurring, by the way. Perhaps not as quickly as some people would like to believe, but just because it's slower than we think doesn't mean it's not dangerous.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Junky Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 21:14:40

Jan 27th 2011, 22:54:11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System

"The Sun lies between 25,000 and 28,000 light years from the Galactic Centre,[93] and its speed within the galaxy is about 220 kilometres per second, so that it completes one revolution every 225–250 million years."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_history

"Homo sapiens first arose on the Earth between 400,000 and 250,000 years ago during the Palaeolithic period."

400,000 / 225,000,000 = 0.0018

so, we've been on the planet for what, 0.18% of one orbit of the Sun around the galaxy, most of that time spent just running around doing eating, drinking, pissing and pooping, and all of a sudden we get "science" and think we know everything about the universe?

gwagers Game profile

Jan 28th 2011, 0:40:27

Considering our short life spans, what we know about the universe is pretty damn impressive considering that statistic. Give credit where it's due; no one says they know everything.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Jan 28th 2011, 0:51:05

LOL. no, that which is "known" is not impressive. the amount of theories put out about it might be a bit impressive, but they don't even come close to what is known.

Jan 28th 2011, 1:23:39

There are more factors that go into climate than humans are capable of collating. To claim knowledge in any direction is ludicrous.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Junky Game profile

Jan 28th 2011, 2:27:28

Originally posted by gwagers:
Considering our short life spans, what we know about the universe is pretty damn impressive considering that statistic. Give credit where it's due; no one says they know everything.

we got theories.. thats bout it.. when we think we know something about the Universe it changes and we pretty much start back at square one.. I wonder just how much we even know about the Sun.. its big it sits maybe in the center of the solar system.. depending on true orbits. its hot... or is it so cold it feels hot... no its hot.

what is our atmosphere truely doing.. we can't even predict weather patterns.

Jan 28th 2011, 2:41:19

Originally posted by Junky:
Originally posted by gwagers:

we got theories.. thats bout it.. when we think we know something about the Universe it changes and we pretty much start back at square one.. I wonder just how much we even know about the Sun.. its big it sits maybe in the center of the solar system.. depending on true orbits. its hot... or is it so cold it feels hot... no its hot.

what is our atmosphere truely doing.. we can't even predict weather patterns.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/...t-the-Day--114634499.html

"NO computer model even suggested the POSSIBILITY of this much snow early in the storm. Computer models and human forecasters have gotten so much better in recent decades that we don't expect such big surprises anymore. But Wednesday morning showed that it can and does happen once in a long while."

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 28th 2011, 4:18:14

My post was in response to you claiming that the academia are full of idiots. Which of course doesn't make sense, since the very definition of academia is a community involved in study and research. So calling them idiots without any basis for your arguement... sort of crazy ;-)

Your 2nd post provided the context of what you meant=)

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 28th 2011, 4:25:23

I dunno what that clown is talking about in your link Dibs. Computer models were predicting the possibility of a major snow event from DC to Boston almost a week ago.

Jan 28th 2011, 10:23:11

yah, well, they didn't predict snow for the morning commute.

Ruthie

Jan 28th 2011, 18:38:45

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
I dunno what that clown is talking about in your link Dibs. Computer models were predicting the possibility of a major snow event from DC to Boston almost a week ago.

uhhhh .... no, they were not predicting what we actually got, even as late as the night before the storm

unless 3-4" total in the afternoon actually means 8" in the morning and 10" in the afteroon for a total of 18"

it took everyone, even the weather peeps, by surprise
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 28th 2011, 18:40:03

1st step in controlling the population is to discredit/eliminate academics. Just look at many 20th century coups and who gets nailed right after el presidente.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 28th 2011, 18:43:59

Originally posted by Ruthie:
Originally posted by BobbyATA:

uhhhh .... no, they were not predicting what we actually got, even as late as the night before the storm

unless 3-4" total in the afternoon actually means 8" in the morning and 10" in the afteroon for a total of 18"

it took everyone, even the weather peeps, by surprise

I seriously have no idea what you guys are talking about. Weather.com had a graphic about major snowstorm since literally last Thursday or Friday.

MorTcuS Game profile

Jan 28th 2011, 18:45:46

u took my tri fidi.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Jan 28th 2011, 19:01:35

i think Bobby is tripping.

Ruthie

Jan 29th 2011, 1:40:21

i guess ya gotta live here, lol

i guess you live in the same area i do Dibs?
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Jan 29th 2011, 4:10:34

weather.com told me it was 35 and sunny this morning whilst it was 28 and snowing. weather.com is retarded.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Jan 29th 2011, 10:00:08

i live southeast of Philly. everything on my side of I-95 wasn't suppossed to get anything but rain until the evening. got stuck for like 10 minutes in Gloucester City coming home at 2pm because the dang snow made a railroad crossing think that a train was coming.

Ruthie

Jan 29th 2011, 18:02:46

i am northwest of Philly, in Chester County where we got dumped on. we were suppossed to get a dusting late morning and then the bigger storm in the evening, 3-4"

we had more than that when we woke up in the morning, and it snowed all day and heavy snow all night and we ended up with close to 18" with thundersnow which is pretty cool
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady