Verified:

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2011, 6:27:52

I just want some feedback,

I remember 64K connections, bad ICQ connections, warchats in ICQ rooms splitting again and again.

that was a different day.

Now, we have broad band, some people egtting off 10-12 hits in a second I've heard,
hits so fast we lag
can't wall if lagging.

and its impossible to defend a 1 minute kill run almost.

Is this broadband good for the game?

Or should the game find a way to slow down the attacks (1 every 3seconds per countrym lets say.)

thoughts/smart remarks?
Z is #1

Trife Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 6:31:16

NEWS FLASH: OJ SIMPSON FOUND NOT GUILTY

Trife Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 6:32:26

serious answer: the game has known about this for ages, and continued to survive with it...

why don't you know about it?

ohhhhh wait :P

londwell

Mar 6th 2011, 6:34:36

I actually liked the days of dialup - you had about 3.5 minutes to get online, and could actually wall.

That being said - it is nearly impossible to defend a 1 minute kill run, but a 2 minute kill run is perfectly defendable. But getting people hitting efficiently and doing a sub-2 minute kill is very difficult. It means that countries killing have to focus less on being 100% efficient (as in 1/3 of military etc) and more on speed. It just breeds a new way of doing war tactics, and puts more focus on an efficient country in order to maintain military levels whilst not hitting in an optimal manner.

I haven't had a chance to wall yet so I can't comment on walling - SoF can you please rectify that?

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2011, 6:37:15

well i think walling is bad for the game

but its probably even worse when its possible to overload even good walling which promoted even tighter attack windows

Trife Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 6:38:33

i think cell phones are bad for the game because it allows people to stonewall wherever they are..

instead of only being able to stonewall in their parents' basements!!!!!!

paladin Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 9:21:33

trife may have a valid point there.
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

Murf Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 9:28:38

Well I think sub 1 minute kills are a sign of a solid kill run, with technology today it is possible to wall from virtually anywhere with smart phones etc got to be quick if ya dont wanna run into a waller

Evolution Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 9:30:16

Originally posted by enshula:
well i think walling is bad for the game

but its probably even worse when its possible to overload even good walling which promoted even tighter attack windows

How is walling bad for the game? there are so many things worse.
Like DRing neutrals to death.

Yeah, but lots of people have smart phones these days, so its not always that much of an advantage. Also iphone is slow loading earth.

Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Dragonlance Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 9:52:45

it was only 3-4 years ago that rival was fighting laf and both sides were walling to 450 HPK on average remember...

Evolution Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 10:13:36

Before broadband, it was easier to wall much higher, 400 hits to kill was if you were sleeping.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Drow Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 15:05:16

I think broadband has simply meant that it's separated the average wallers from the great ones. people like Dragon was it? I think who even with mass countries hitting simultaneously was walling to 1500+ hits on aa regular basis, and I think 1800 or 1900 on 1 particular country.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2011, 16:29:23

Connections are faster now than even 2 years ago.

and with the lag, its impossible to wall.

Edited By: Servant on Mar 6th 2011, 21:36:19
See Original Post
Z is #1

PinkyAndTheBrain

Mar 6th 2011, 19:59:00

so sorry, i was banned by obnoxious mods and i can only pretend that i'm going to reply to give you a satisfactory answer to your inane question.
What are we going to do tonight Brain?
Same Thing As Always Pinky.
Attempt To Take Over The World,
And Fail Miserably...

Dibs Ludicrous was here. dowt!

oh noes. not another IP ban.

PinkyAndTheBrain

Mar 6th 2011, 19:59:17

dumbasses.
What are we going to do tonight Brain?
Same Thing As Always Pinky.
Attempt To Take Over The World,
And Fail Miserably...

Dibs Ludicrous was here. dowt!

oh noes. not another IP ban.

MrBlackNBlue

Mar 6th 2011, 20:10:01

here's one of the other accounts that you can ban, Pang.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.
Hmm, I can't post due to an IP Ban. Neato.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 20:32:15

I think broadband is good. I think it is essential kills are able to happen more quickly because, as noted, people are able to get on to stone so much more easily due to mobile technology.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 20:50:47

i'm confused about who i'm banning and why
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Banibal Dibs

Mar 6th 2011, 21:32:45

something about being insensitive and uncaring that another person dropped off the face of the planet.
Dibs Ludicrous - The Budweiser Troll King was here.
Safe to ignore because the moderators will make it look like I was just a figment of your imagination.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 21:34:13

*shrugs*
i don't know what you're talking about....

the ban list looks pretty empty
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 21:36:08

wasn't a 1/2 hour ago.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 21:45:21

I'm not even sure what you're going on about, because I haven't banned or unbanned anyone from the forums in over a month, but if you're not banned and that was all you were complaining at me about (???) then I guess we're done? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Mar 6th 2011, 21:55:58

almost, there are like 4 forum accounts left that could have possibly have been created by me that need to get a similar ban to the one this account just experienced because of some brain-addled mod who likes to interfer with my dang rights to be an insensitive uncaring bassturd.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 6th 2011, 22:10:42

oh, i see.

find some forums on http://www.foxnews.com if you want to do that; bring happiness to our boards please :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Mar 6th 2011, 22:19:34

Cheer Up Dude! She's In Heaven Getting Pimped By Da Jesus Christ Of All Pimps!!!

you want me to be all bright and cheerful that somebody's parent just died? oh, no, just sympathetic. just get rid of the dead people's posts if you don't want this place to look like an obituary or a morgue.

Mar 6th 2011, 22:29:18

meh, you want me to care, start sending me the dang health insurance money, then i'll be the one who is well paid to give a dang.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 22:29:36

/me touches his t-1
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 3:04:24

Guys, guys, cut Servant a little slack! Last time he warred people were still using that dialup he was discussing, after all...

Drinks Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 3:11:57

If they are doing 10-12 hits per second.

Buy some turrets/troops and watch hits bounce. Cause i can promise they cant watch their news that closely or quickly.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 3:12:24

Originally posted by Shinigami:
Guys, guys, cut Servant a little slack! Last time he warred people were still using that dialup he was discussing, after all...

I am not even sure where the thread went off topic o.O.

Dial up > broadband > mobile broadband > talking about bans

Angel1 Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 4:37:37

Evolution, you see it's all in the thread title. "B" starts the title. "a" is in just about the miggle of the title. Finally, "n" finishes the title. That spells "Ban", as in the ban(s) that have been talked about on this thread.

To the point of this thread. Alliances and players must simply adapt to the new circumstances concerning the ability of players to stonewall.
-Angel1

Link Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 5:47:10

dont ya be slowing down nuffin!
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK